You can make a difference!
If you have the financial means…DONATE!
Here is one place you can make your dollars count. Five days a week 75 to 100 seniors are cared for by Meals on Wheels Shasta Area. Your contributions go to the people, not to a corporation. You can wake up each day and know you’ve helped many people! There are many options for donations. You can adopt a senior, donate a dollar a day for the whole program, or make a yearly pledge or a one time donation. It costs $25 a week to feed one meal a day to one senior so please don’t wait, we need you now!
Please make checks payable to:
“Meals on Wheels”
Meals on Wheels
PO Box 443
Mt. Shasta, CA 96067
|Or DONATE VIA PAYPAL HERE:
If you have a talent….DONATE!
Here are some ideas of things you can do:
While we do not use volunteer drivers, there are many ways the community can volunteer to assist. Use your mind, body and soul to help people. What can you do?
- Paint the Building
- Help With Landscaping
- Work On Equipment When Needed
- Rotate tires
- Provide new wiring…etc…
- Provide Entertainment:
- Teach a class for the seniors (exercise, holistic healing, laughter yoga, nutrition…)
- Be a story teller (Story telling)
- Play music (does your band need some exposure?)
- Play games (cards, Pictionary… get creative)
- Shoots photos (we always need more photos for our website)
- Sew Pillows & Aprons
- Office Work:
- Computer data entry for menus and program report
VOLUNTEER TO SERVE:
If you have time... VOLUNTEER!
- Teach Your Specialty
- Help prepare meals,
- Start a canned food drive
- Decorate for a holiday
- Make homebound gift baskets
- Interact/visit with the seniors
- Call bingo
- Bake birthday cakes